- Rare super pure crystal Photon.
There is someone who needs this...
Photon Sphere, commonly abbreviated as PS, is a unique item that can be used to add and boost attribute percentages on weapons. It is also used as a high-value currency between players, since a single Photon Sphere costs 99 Photon Drops in Gallon's Shop; in addition, high-value items commonly cost hundreds of PDs, and only 99 of them can be traded in the Trade Window at a time. However, As a trading item it is inferior to the Photon Hoard, which can be converted back to Photon Drops, unlike the Photon Sphere.
Uses[edit | edit source]
As a prerequisite, first the player's character must collect the East Tower data for Paganini (see Adding specials to ES weapons above for directions).
Then if that character also brings Paganini the data from the terminal in Seabed during The West Tower quest, the "Enhance weapon's Photon" option will be available for the character that completes this sidequest, though it can be completed on any difficulty. (Unlike East Tower, there is no easy way to check through Hopkins if you have already completed the West Tower sidequest, as Hopkins in this quest will say the same "My father is working on a huge project right now." line, both before completing the previous sidequest as well as after completing this one.)
- Start the West Tower quest after having completed the East Tower sidequest
- Talk to Hopkins in the lab (he is in the same place you would find him in Gallon's Shop for accessing "Enhance weapon's Photon" after sidequest completion)
- Traverse the Seabed Upper levels until you find and access the terminal containing the Research Data (you will receive a Quest Board item).
- Return to the lab and talk to Hopkins before ending the quest
This allows the player to add and boost attribute percentages on their weapons for a set amount of PDs, at 4 PD per 1%, or 20 PDs per 5% on an attribute. A Photon Sphere can also be used to add 30% to an attribute, but only if the attribute in question is at or below 70%. There are some restrictions to adding attributes:
- a weapon cannot have more than three attributes (Excalibur, Lame d'Argent, Sealed J-Sword, and Tsumikiri J-Sword cannot have more than two, and ES weapons can't have any at all),
- Hit cannot be added to a weapon,
- an attribute cannot exceed 100%.
Using a Photon Sphere to boost an attribute by 30% saves 21 Photon Drops in value, as doing so with PDs alone would cost 120.
Availability[edit | edit source]
Quest Reward[edit | edit source]
Photon Sphere may be purchased from Paganini in Gallon's Shop for 99 Photon Drops.
Events[edit | edit source]
Photon Sphere could be obtained as a top 5 prize from the Time Attack competition during 2015's Christmas Event.
Photon Sphere could be obtained from the 2016 Summer Badge Shop and 2017 Anniversary Badge Shop for 60 1st Anniv. Gold Badges and 2nd Anniv. Gold Badges, respectively.
Photon Sphere could be obtained from a Present on Ultimate difficulty in 2016, 2017, and 2018. 2018's Presents also had a chance to contain 3 Photon Spheres.
Photon Sphere could be obtained by collecting all of the section ID badges during 2017's Summer Scavenger Event.
Photon Sphere could be obtained from the 10-Egg gamble in the 2017 and 2018 Egg Shops.